We, Chartermate (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (also “Chartermate Thailand”, “us” or “we”), use and process personal information collected from or provided by our consumers, business partners and all parties who have dealings with us (collectively, “Customers” or “you”) for various purposes, including the development and promotion of better products and services to satisfy Customers.
The term “personal information” shall have the same meaning as “personal data” prescribed in the Personal Data Protection Act AD 2019 (“PDPA”) The terms “use” and “process” shall have the same meaning as “processing” prescribed in the PDPA which means, among others, collect, record, hold, reveal, etc. Chartermate Thailand recognizes that properly managing and protecting personal information is an important responsibility, and is necessary for preserving the trust of Customers who provide their personal information to us. To fulfil this responsibility, Chartermate Thailand complies with all laws and regulations concerning the protection of personal information (“Personal Information Protection Laws”), and works to properly manage and protect personal information in accordance with this Policy.
1. Types of Personal Information
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you. The following are examples of the personal information we may collect:
- Identity or Contact Data includes your name, photo, mailing or delivery address, email address, telephone numbers, ID card number, username, or similar identifiers or contact information.
- Financial Information may include your billing address and other payment-related information.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products you have purchased from us or other details about your transactions with us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access our websites, applications, or connected products.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, age, gender, product reviews, survey responses, information about your experiences with our products, contact preferences, and other similar information.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our websites and our products and services and your feedback on your experience with our websites, products or services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
2. Use of Personal Information
Chartermate Thailand will use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed to you at the time such information is collected and for the purposes as stated in this Policy (the “Scope of Use”), and will not use the information for any other purpose unless your consent has been obtained or where it is permitted or required by law.
Subject to the relevant laws, Chartermate Thailand may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- (a) development and promotion of better products and services;
- (b) to enable it to discharge its duties and obligations under any applicable laws, including anti-money laundering laws and regulations;
- (c) to enable it to discharge its contractual obligations;
- (d) to provide you with information on Chartermate Thailand’s products and services;
- (e) to maintain and update your records; and
- (f) for any other purposes that is incidental or ancillary or in furtherance to the above purposes.
Your personal information may be transferred to a place outside Thailand.
Your personal information is collected from various sources, including information provided by you or someone acting on your behalf, information from third parties or information in the public domain.
The provision of your personal information is not required by a statutory or contractual obligation. The provision of your personal information is voluntary. if you do not agree to provide your personal information to Chartermate Thailand in accordance with this Policy, Chartermate Thailand may not be able to comply with its contractual obligations owing to you and in addition, Chartermate Thailand would not be able to effectively render its services to you.
3. Proper Management and Protection of Personal Information
Chartermate Thailand has implemented the following measures to properly manage and protect your personal information:
- Training of employees and others concerned to ensure that they understand the importance of personal information protection and are thoroughly familiar with all relevant rules and guidelines;
- Enforcement of appropriate restrictions on access to personal information; and
- Implementation of appropriate and reasonable security measures to prevent unauthorized access to, or leakage, destruction or alteration of, personal information.
4. Provision and Disclosure to Third Parties
Chartermate Thailand will not provide or disclose your personal information to third parties except in the following cases:
- Prior consent has been obtained from you;
- Disclosure is required or permitted by law or by the order of a court;
- The information is provided or disclosed to a service provider (including its officers, employees and agents) in compliance with the Scope of Use (please see Article 5 below);
- In cases of shared use among an affiliate; and
- The personal information is provided in connection with business succession due to merger, spin-off or otherwise.
Notwithstanding the above and subject to relevant laws, Chartermate Thailand may disclose your personal information to:-
- (a) the subsidiaries, holding companies, related corporations or associates of Chartermate Thailand whether present or future;
- (b) Thai governmental or regulatory authorities or the relevant foreign governmental or regulatory authorities;
- (c) Bank of Thailand and any other authority as may be required by any of them from time to time; and / or
- (d) any other persons which Chartermate Thailand may reasonably deem fit;
notwithstanding that any such persons may be outside Thailand, for any of the above purposes or any other purpose for which your personal information was disclosed at the time of its collection.
5. Control of Service Providers
Chartermate Thailand occasionally consigns the handling of personal information to outside service providers. Only service providers who have been confirmed to have the capability of properly handling personal information will be selected. Moreover, Chartermate Thailand provides and discloses personal information to such service providers strictly in compliance with the Scope of Use, and requires them, by written contract or similar means, to properly handle personal information, and periodically verifies their compliance.
6. Retention Period
Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to fulfill the processing purposes described above. Once the processing purposes are completed or you otherwise end your relationship with us, we will remove your personal information from our systems and records or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which the group company is subject).
We may also retain your personal information if your personal information are necessary to comply with any applicable laws or if we need your personal information to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim, on a need to know basis only. To the extent possible, we will restrict the processing of your personal information for such limited purposes.
7. Your Rights
Right to withdraw consent:?If you have declared your consent regarding certain collecting, processing and use of personal information (in particular, regarding the receipt of direct marketing communication via email), you may withdraw this consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal. Please contact us to withdraw your consent.
Right to request access to your personal information:?You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the personal information. This access information include inter alia the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal information have been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information undergoing processing free of charge. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
Right to request rectification: You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to request erasure (right to be forgotten):?Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal information concerning you and we may be obliged to erase such personal information.
Right to request restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing of your personal information. In such case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
Right to request data portability:?Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the personal information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
Right to object: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal information by us and we can be required to no longer process your personal information. Such right to object may especially apply if we collect and process your personal information for profiling purposes in order to better understand your interests in our products and services or for direct marketing. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your personal information will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. You may exercise this right by contacting us as stated below. Such a right to object may, in particular, not exist if the processing of your personal information is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
When Chartermate Thailand receives any of the above requests from you, Chartermate Thailand will, upon verifying your identity, comply with the request, unless there is a reasonable basis to refuse.
Customers may contact us at the following:-
|Chartermate (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
31/419 Soi Kanjanapisek 5/1
To exercise your rights, please contact us as stated above. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
8. Response to Comments and Complaints Concerning Handling of Personal Information
We will make every effort to deal with any comment or complaint concerning our use of your personal information in a prompt and appropriate manner. You may contact us at the contact details provided in Article 7 above.
You can disable or delete cookies in your browser settings. By customizing, deleting or disabling cookies certain services, including services requiring login, would be unavailable to you.
By providing your personal information to us, you consent to the processing of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
You further confirm that you have obtained the consent from the person(s) whose personal information may be given to us by you or identified from your personal information which may be processed by us for the purposes stated herein including disclosure to the parties stated herein in this Policy.
11. Review and Improvement of Personal Information Handling
This Policy may be revised from time to time as necessary to reflect our continuing improvement of personal information protection measures and to take into account any changes to personal information protection laws. Accordingly, this Policy is subject to change without prior notice. Any changes to this Policy will be posted on our web site and, unless you contact us (contact details provided in Article 7 above), you will be deemed to have accepted the changes. Thus, you are encouraged to visit our web site from time to time to ensure that you are aware of our latest policy in relation to personal information protection.